Dr. A. T. Johnson
411/412 - HISTORY OF CLINTON COUNTY.
Dr. A. T. Johnson, of New Vienna, is a native of Leesburg, Highland Co., Ohio, born June 1, 1829. His parents, Joseph W. and Rachel (Terrell) Johnson, were natives of Campbell County, Va. In 1859, Dr. Johnson graduated at the Ohio Medical College of Cincinnati, and, in 1868, at the University of Pennsylvania. He began practicing in New Vienna in the spring of 1859. In the fall of 1861, he was appointed Assistant Surgeon of the Forty-Eighth Regiment Ohio Volunteer Infantry. He remained in this position until the summer of 1863, when, on account of disease, he was compelled to leave field duty and served in various hospitals until 1864, when he resumed practice in New Vienna, and continued in the active practice of medicine until 1875, when failing health necessitated his retiring in a great measure from active professional life.