WILLIAM HENDERSON, farmer, P. O. Sabrina, is a son of Mathew Henderson, of whom mention will be made at the foot of this sketch. Our subject was born in Washington County, Penn., in the year 1837. His parents removed to Clinton County, Ohio, in 1843, at which time William was but six years old. He remained with his parents until the fall of 1861, at which time he enlisted in Company D, Forty-eighth Ohio Volunteer Infantry. The following spring the Regiment was put into active service in Kentucky, which it maintained during the war. Or subject was in all the battles in which the regiment, except "Red River," when a great number of the Regiment was captured. Our subject was wounded at Shiloh in the right hand, and also received other scratches. He volunteerized in 1864, and was discharged July, 1865. Upon return to civil life, he returned to his old home, where he remained until his marriage which, which occurred August 20, 1868, to Miss Mary R., the daughter of Seymour and Elizabeth Douglass, of whom mention is made in this work. After his marriage he located where he now lives, and his farm consists of 103 acres of good land, and he is paying special attention to fruit growing--having a large assortment of all kinds of fruit. He and his estimable wife are consistent members of the United Presbyterian Church, to which he has been connected since childhood; three children have been born to them, viz.: Ernest D., Jesse E. and M. E. Ruth. Mrs. H. was born in Wilson Township, this county, in 1843. Mathew Henderson, father of the subject was born in Washington County, Penn., in 1810. His wife, Margaret, Laird, was born in the same county, in 1812. They were married in their native county, in which they lived till 1843, the time of coming to Clinton County. William Henderson was the father of Mathew, and was born in Ireland, as was his (William's) wife Ealy Jefry; He died in Pennsylvania and she in Clinton County. Samuel and Margaret Laird, the parents of Margaret (Laird) Henderson were Weavers by occupation, and died in Pennsylvania. Mathew Henderson Purchased partially cleared land in Clinton County when he came, which he improved, and made a permanent home. To them were born the following children, to wit: William, Margaret, James L., Ealy J. (deceased), Mathew H. Joseph W. (deceased) and Rebecca. Mr. and Mrs. H. are members of the United Presbyterian Church, in which he has been a ruling Elder since 1860. He has been a successful and respected citizen.